Despite the recent cooler temperatures, things are heating up here at SMG. We’re in the peak of our summer season with lot’s of exciting trips coming and going. It’s been a fantastic summer so far – recent rain showers have cooled things off and kept the high mountains green and full of wildflowers. We’ve been incredibly thankful for smoke-free skies despite a few fires earlier this summer.
Here’s a short summary of what we’ve been up to…make sure to check out the photo gallery below!
- A late-July ski descent of McGown’s north couloir…better late than never!
- Several day hikes to the Sawtooth’s incredible high alpine lakes, including the always classic Saddleback Lakes beneath the Elephant’s Perch.
- A successful Expedition Inspiration climb of Thompson Peak (the Sawtooth’s highest) with local athlete Melissa Arnot.
- A group of six successfully made it to the roof of Idaho – Mount Borah.
- A couple backpack trips (including one fully-portered trip) exploring some of the Sawtooth’s most scenic terrain.
- Several custom family camping, hiking, and climbing trips based at our Canyon Camp.
- And of course, a number of intro rock climbing programs with some fun families and kids!
And it’s far from over! Coming up in just this next week, we’re running a Wilderness Experience trip with long-time SMG partner Terry Tillman, helping with Warriors Rock – a vet’s program at the City of Rocks, and taking some adventurous kids to the Finger of Fate! Stay tuned…