The Sawtooth Mountains and neighboring ranges offer some of the best ski mountaineering terrain anywhere. Best known for the high concentration of couloirs, the Sawtooth includes chutes ranging from short/easy, to long and steep – all tucked between spires and pinnacles.
If you’re interested in learning ski mountaineering skills, check out our Ski/Snowboard Mountaineering Camp held each spring at the Williams Peak Hut.
Classic Couloirs & Big Lines
Whether you’re a budding ski mountaineer looking to venture into steeper, more adventurous terrain or a hardened steep skier looking for the next big line, Sawtooth Mountain Guides has you covered. Our guides are professional ski mountaineers with experience across the globe.
The Sawtooths and surrounding ranges have a number of lines to choose from covering the range of abilities. Plentiful snowfall means lines are often skied in soft powder conditions.
- Hone your ski techniques in friendly, entry-level chutes
- Learn ski mountaineering skills for traveling in steep terrain
- Build up to one of the Sawtooth Classic Couloirs
- Day trips or lines accessed from a hut or camp
- See our rates page for custom guiding prices.